roller-user mailing list archives

From nicolas muller <zepo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inspiration // News blogs powered with Roller
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 14:01:23 GMT
Thank you.

@Matt, the design is realized by the marketing team of the Bank. We get psd
 and we cut them to build html. There are numerous meetings and tests
before to get it. But it is true the result is very clean. It is important
to be homogeneous between space. In previous version, the blogs of
"femmes", "guywagner" and "news" have different size and it was not nice
for eyes to switch.

The concept of page and vm is wonderful. Very often i explain to friends as
chief or developper that velocity is a great choice.
It is similar at PHP so our integrator and graphist can work easily with
macro. It is hardier for them to use jsp or taglib or jsf.
They don't need to ask to developper to help them too often. Morever for us
it is easier to separete view and business class. I must say that we have
introduced our business objects into velocity context... it is a little
crappy and hope to delete that during migration.

@Dave, We use a blog for a langage. It is easier because the same post can
be very different between two langages.
Morever all posts don't exist in all langages. We have the same problem
with public website built with Liferay. It is easier than using internal
multilangage mechanism. The principle must be easy for publisher. One blog,
one langage.
We will add soon an option to copy a post from a blog into all blog (with
draft mode).
We associate through Apache a domain name with a blog handle. If i
understand it is provided by version 5.

Hope to release soon the database storage for media resources into github.
First step.

Thank you very much for your work ! All the Apache Team.