roller-user mailing list archives

From nicolas muller <zepo...@gmail.com>
Subject Inspiration // News blogs powered with Roller
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 12:34:07 GMT
Hello,

We sent a new series of blogs built with Roller :-) We speak about
financial and legacy for private banking.

In french you will have :
http://www.guywagnerblog.com/fre/
http://www.femmesetpatrimoine.lu/femmes/
http://www.banquedeluxembourgnews.com/actualites/

In English you will have :
http://www.guywagnerblog.com/eng/
http://www.banquedeluxembourgnews.com/news/

It exists translation for dutch, german and spanish too.

I allow himself to post onto these two mailing list because I will explain
a few things how to do it. I think you like the products else you should
not use it.

We need to modify the source code to be able to display list articles and
themes macro to keep the day information. In our case, it is not usefull to
have list of posts by day. The themes use responsiv design concepts so we
can be displayed nicely on iphone/android and tabs.

The most important thing to understand is our use of category. We created
severals categories as news, ads, events... ant each category  is used to
display informations into an area of the page. The left main panel (with
pagination) is only news category. On the right sidebar, we will have
advertisement, events, archives... It is very different concept than
classic use into Roller. In the same page we display numerous categories
rather than filtering with them. It is a powerfull system to build complex
page but very easily. It is easy for publisher to choose how to display the
post ^^ You can imagine we have modified macro for that. Therefore it is
not too hard to do it.

Moreever, we create a page for generating newsletter (using tags associated
with posts)
http://www.guywagnerblog.com/fre/page/newsletter?version=NL_2013_03_01
So we can send via email outlook or sarbacane (or mailchimp) the whole page
:-)

Another great but more complicated things we did is to display posts into
other blogs to keep duplication of articles
http://www.banquedeluxembourgnews.com/news/
This blog "news" has own posts and display too posts from guywagnerblog. It
is possible because we hack tags methods and we have rules to name tags.

I hope the design is nice for you too. We try to do beautiful things
(similar size, width) to be homogeneous between spaces.

I am trying to work onto roller 5 and in few days I will post into github
the source code to store resources media into database. For replication
between servers we could not use the filesystem so we had this feature. I
hesitate to use elasticsearch rather than database for our migration. See
you soon.

Sorry for my bad speaking english. I am french :)

Best regards,