roller-user mailing list archives

From "Richard O. Hammer" <rham...@FastMail.fm>
Subject is Roller good for conventional non-blog website?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 00:59:55 GMT
Hello,

I am a new user.  I have installed Roller successfully and created my first test
weblog.  If you like you can see that test weblog here
<rtest.richard-o-hammer.org/r/>.

I imagine that I will use Roller to host a few conventional web sites.  By this
I mean not a blog, but the typical website of an organization.  Such a typical
website has a home page (or portal) which is the root of a tree of pages, pages
which are mostly static.  Is Roller suited for such a website?

I imagine that Roller must be suited for use on a conventional website.  But I
have read through the Roller User Guide and the Template Guide.  These seem to
be all about blogs, as opposed to conventional websites.  So I am not sure.

Later on I expect I will use Roller for a website more like a blog.  But my
first priority is get my webmastering duties out of the 20th century, to stop
editing my HTML directly in a text editor.

Thank you,
Rich Hammer
Raleigh, N.C.
<http://richard-o-hammer.org/>