roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: JRoller replacement? (Was Re: Apache Roller 5.0.1 available & upgrade recommended for all Roller sites)
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:23:03 GMT
I would have to see what such a market becomes, but I think the Apache
Roller site should allow advertisements of people who will provide
Roller blog hosting, either free w/ads or with a cost w/no ads.  This
would not be a particular money-maker, as the fact that Blogger and
Wordpress are free would put a limit on how much one could charge for
blog hosting, and it would be limited primarily to those who like
Roller's velocity based templating and the bells and whistles it
provides and would pay for that specifically.  OTOH, for somebody who's
already gone to the effort of Tomcat hosting just for his or her Roller
blog, it wouldn't be much effort for that person to allow additional
blogs, and if he can get a few extra blogs to cover the cost of his
Tomcat hosting, great.

What is really needed are those who are already in the business of
providing Tomcat hosting to just sell simple Roller blog accounts of an
already existing instance of Roller on Tomcat.  They should be able to
offer that at a considerably reduced price over standalone Tomcat hosting.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders