roller-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruan <danielr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Upgrade Roller 4.0 to 5.0 with Oracle DB
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:06:48 GMT
 Hi Marcus,

I found another way to get this to work while keeping the jdbc/roller JDNI
data source name.  I placed commons-pool and commons-dbcp jars in
WEB-INF/lib, and added the following lines to roller-custom.properties:

openjpa.ConnectionDriverName=org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

openjpa.ConnectionProperties="\
    DriverClassName=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver,\
    Url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE,\
    Username=scott,\
    Password=tiger,\
    initialSize=10,\
    maxActive=40,\
    maxIdle=10,\
    maxWait=10000,\
    removeAbandoned=true,\
    removeAbandonedTimeout=60,\
    logAbandoned=true\
"

openjpa.DataCache=true(CacheSize=5000) # default CacheSize=1000
openjpa.IgnoreChanges=true
openjpa.RetainState=true

Roller will use the Tomcat JNDI data source to do the initial handshake
(e.g., checking db version).  If you set [ maxActive="1" maxIdle="0" ] in
the JDNI data source, that connection will be soon released.  After that,
 the OpenJPA pool is used in the application.

Cheers,
Daniel