roller-user mailing list archives

From "Balderaz, Noel" <NBalde...@CPSEnergy.com>
Subject RE: Trying to deploy Roller on Tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:24:12 GMT
I use Roller with Oracle as the database and it works just fine.  We didn't have any big issues
getting it to work.  I believe we just needed to make one small modification to one of the
tables to accept null values.  I remember posting the fix on here somewhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Johnson [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:27 PM
To: user; dev@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to deploy Roller on Tomcat

On Jan 1, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> On 11/26/11 04:46 AM, Dave wrote:
>> - Dave PS. I wonder if Oracle Corp. uses Oracle DB with Roller on blogs.oracle.com.
I doubt it. If they do, they never reported any bugs or contributed any fixes back to the
Roller project.

> Hi Dave,
>
> Was just browsing back through old posts and caught this - apparently they do, but only
going off what is claimed on their tech blog:

> http://blogs.oracle.com/otn/entry/the_blogs_rolling_on_with

Thanks for pointing that out. Would be nice to know what they had to change, but I have no
desire to install Oracle and test Roller with it myself :-)

- Dave