roller-user mailing list archives

From Matt Huth <mch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot upload files in Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:25:49 GMT
Hi Dave, here is information you requested.  Thanks.
	* What version of Roller are you using?   Apache Roller 4.0.1
	* What Application Server version are you using?    Tomcat 6.0.18
	* What database are you using?  Oracle  (10g I think)
	* What Java version are you using?   Java 6
	* What operating system are you using?  Solaris 10
	* If applicable, what browser are you using?  Internet Explorer 8

________________________________
 From: Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com>
To: user@roller.apache.org; Matt Huth <mchuth@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: Cannot upload files in Apache Roller Weblogger Version 4.0.1

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Matt Huth <mchuth@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm trying to upload files. I get an error message "Upload failed for <my file> "

>I checked my log and this is the error message:
>INFO 2012-01-13 09:51:47,111 Dispatcher:getSaveDir - Unable to find 'struts.multipart.saveDir'
property setting. Defaulting to javax.servlet.context.tempdir

>Note, I'm able to create sub folders but cannot upload into them either. If I manually
FTP a file onto the server, I see it show up in the list in Roller. Just cannot use browse/upload
to work.

>Please advise. Thanks.

For messages on either list, if you are seeking help in troubleshooting a problem that you
are experiencing, please be sure to include the following information (with version numbers)
when possible:
	* What version of Roller are you using? If you are building from sources, on which branch
are you building?
	* What Application Server version are you using?
	* What database are you using?
	* What Java version are you using?
	* What operating system are you using?
	* If applicable, what browser are you using?
Thanks,
Dave