roller-user mailing list archives

From David Johnson <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Import WordPress blog contents into Roller 5
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:34:08 GMT
On Jan 1, 2012, at 6:30 AM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

> Like the subject line says - has anyone done this before or know if it can be done in
an automated way?

I thought somebody had written such a tool, but I was remembering this (a Blojsom migrator):

http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/roller-extras/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Ftools%2Fmigrator

If you're in the mood for some Groovy hacking, you could write a Wordpress to Roller migrator
by wring a Groovy script that reads from the Wordpress database (or APIs) and then writes
to Roller via the Roller Java "API." There are some examples of scripting Roller's create
entry and other features via Groovy here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/trunk/weblogger-docs/examples/scripting/groovy/examples/rollerapi/

- Dave