roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave Koelmeyer <davekoelme...@me.com>
Subject Roller 5 - uploaded media files not available for selection
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:03:12 GMT
Hi All,

I have installed Roller 5.0 on the following platform:

GlassFish 3.1.1
PostgreSQL 8.4
JDK 6u26

In Roller I have created both an admin account and a standard user
account, but otherwise have not performed much else in the way of
configuration or customization, aside from adding the "Lightword" theme.

My issue is that I can apparently upload media files (e.g. PNG images)
using the "Media Files" feature, but uploaded files do not appear as
selectable items in the Media Files view - except after restarting the
application server.

For example:

1) Log into Roller as a standard (i.e. non-admin user)
2) Click on "Create and Edit" -> "New Entry", and fill out some blog
information (title, content etc.)
3) Click on the "Media Files" tab
4) On the "Actions" area on the right-hand side, click on "Add Media File"
5) Choose a file to upload (example is a PNG file), and click on "Upload"
6) Roller reports success:

"Uploaded file(s):
"https://192.168.1.1:8081/roller/dave/mediaresource/5f4670f......"

7) Click on "Return to Media File View"

At this point I would expect to see my file visible for selection here,
but I don't. Flicking the "Sort by" setting across "Name", "Date" and
"Type" filters doesn't change the behaviour. Strangely, if at this point
I search for the file (on the right hand side menu) explicitly for the
file type "Image", the image is successfully located and displayed in
the Media Files view.

If I create a new blog entry or edit an existing entry and click on the
"Add Image" link (I have the Xinha editor enabled), the image I have
uploaded is not visible in the "Media File Chooser" window that appears.

As mentioned, if I restart GlassFish, the images are then visible in the
Media File view and available for selection in the "Media File Chooser"
window.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

--