roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to deploy Roller on Tomcat
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:46:10 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Raphael Milani <ramilani@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I told, I have to use oracle in my company.
> By the away I´ve performed oracle´s dbscipt by 'the hands' on database.

You best bet here is to use Tomcat 6, MySQL 5 and the JDBC style setup
to get Roller up and running easily.

Also, make sure you are using the Roller release files and
installation guide here:
   http://roller.apache.org/download.cgi#roller50

(because some of the errors you posted indicate that you are not using Roller 5)

Once you get Roller up and running the easy way, you can can try
switching out MySQL for Oracle and see what happens. Since Roller has
not been tested with Oracle, you can expect some problems, but we may
be able to find work arounds for them.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

PS. I wonder if Oracle Corp. uses Oracle DB with Roller on
blogs.oracle.com. I doubt it. If they do, they never reported any bugs
or contributed any fixes back to the Roller project.