roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search not working
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:16:30 GMT
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Balderaz, Noel <NBalderaz@cpsenergy.com> wrote:
> I just setup Roller 5.0 and after setting up my initial weblog and creating a couple
of entries I noticed that the search function is not working.  Previously, I setup Roller
4 and search only worked on one of two weblogs .  Can anybody tell me what I can do to make
the search work on Roller 5.0?

Search works fine in Roller 5.0, as far as I can tell. I guess it is
possible that Roller 5 won't work with a Roller 4 created search index
(but I'm not sure about that).

I'd recommend that you:

1 - stop Roller
2 - enable logging for search by adding the following to your Roller
custom properties file:

   log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search=DEBUG

3 - delete the search index directory,
4 - restart Roller and watch the logs, you should see the entries of
your blog being re-indexed

> The only things I see in the logs is  this error
> Aug 4, 2011 2:18:49 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies processCookieHeader
> INFO: Cookies: Invalid cookie. Value not a token or quoted value

That is almost certainly NOT related to any search failure.

Hope that helps...

- Dave

> That's in the tomcat7-stderr.2011-08-04.log
>
>  *   What version of Roller are you using? 5.0 If you are building from sources, on
which branch are you building? I'm not building from source.