roller-user mailing list archives

From "Balderaz, Noel" <NBalde...@CPSEnergy.com>
Subject RE: Search not working
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:16:15 GMT
Ok so I figured out why my search wasn't working, the problem was with the weblog name(handle).
 When I had my weblog named MyWeblog it doesn't search but if I rename it myweblog it searches
just fine.  I tried this with different weblog names and my results were always the same it
doesn't work with uppercase but it works when the name is all lowercase.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Johnson [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 5:20 PM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search not working

Hi Noel, next question is: which theme are you using?

I suspect that the theme you are using does not have a page for the "search index" action.

- Dave

On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Balderaz, Noel wrote:

> I changed the directory to D:\\roller_data\search_index but I still didn't get any results
when doing a search.  I can see a new .cfs file is added every time I add a new entry to my
weblog so I assume its indexing.

box provided and hitting the search button.

>> The URL is coming out to http://<IP>/roller/MyWeblog/search?q=Test
>
> That looks correct and should return results if you have entries that
> contain the world "Test"
>
> - Dave

 After doing that I can see four files were created .index-inconsistent, _0.cfs, segments.gen
and segment_2.  I tried searching again and no results were returned.

correct?  The folder is under my tomcat directory so I have the following directory structure
\Tomcat7.0\${user.home}\roller_data\  under roller_data I have a mediafiles directory but
no search-index directory.

a couple of entries I noticed that the search function is not working.  Previously, I setup
Roller 4 and search only worked on one of two weblogs .  Can anybody tell me what I can do
to make the search work on Roller 5.0?

sources, on which branch are you building? I'm not building from source.