roller-user mailing list archives

From "Balderaz, Noel" <NBalde...@CPSEnergy.com>
Subject RE: Search not working
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:44:26 GMT
I changed the directory to D:\\roller_data\search_index but I still didn't get any results
when doing a search.  I can see a new .cfs file is added every time I add a new entry to my
weblog so I assume its indexing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 11:25 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search not working

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Balderaz, Noel <NBalderaz@cpsenergy.com> wrote:
> I enabled logging as you mentioned earlier and when I check roller.log I see the following:
>
> INFO  2011-08-05 09:06:26,106 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - search enabled: true
> INFO  2011-08-05 09:06:26,106 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - index dir: D:\\Tomcat
7.0\roller_data\search-index

> Should I see more?

Yes, I would expect to see a log entry for each blog entry as it is
indexed, or an error message.

One idea: Java programs and libraries on Windows often has a problem
with directories that have spaces in their names. Instead of
"d:\\Tomcat 7.0\\roller_data\search-index" you might want to use
"d:\\roller_data\\search_index" instead.

> I am invoking a search by going to my weblog and entering my search term in the search
box provided and hitting the search button.

> The URL is coming out to http://<IP>/roller/MyWeblog/search?q=Test

That looks correct and should return results if you have entries that
contain the world "Test"

- Dave

 After doing that I can see four files were created .index-inconsistent, _0.cfs, segments.gen
and segment_2.  I tried searching again and no results were returned.

 The folder is under my tomcat directory so I have the following directory structure \Tomcat7.0\${user.home}\roller_data\
 under roller_data I have a mediafiles directory but no search-index directory.

a couple of entries I noticed that the search function is not working.  Previously, I setup
Roller 4 and search only worked on one of two weblogs .  Can anybody tell me what I can do
to make the search work on Roller 5.0?

>>> Search works fine in Roller 5.0, as far as I can tell. I guess it is
>>> possible that Roller 5 won't work with a Roller 4 created search index
>>> (but I'm not sure about that).
>>>
>>> I'd recommend that you:
>>>
>>> 1 - stop Roller
>>> 2 - enable logging for search by adding the following to your Roller
>>> custom properties file:
>>>
>>>   log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search=DEBUG
>>>
>>> 3 - delete the search index directory,
>>> 4 - restart Roller and watch the logs, you should see the entries of
>>> your blog being re-indexed

>>> That is almost certainly NOT related to any search failure.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps...
>>>
>>> - Dave

sources, on which branch are you building? I'm not building from source.