roller-user mailing list archives

From "Balderaz, Noel" <NBalde...@CPSEnergy.com>
Subject RE: Search not working
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:34:14 GMT
I enabled logging as you mentioned earlier and when I check roller.log I see the following:

INFO  2011-08-05 09:06:26,106 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - search enabled: true
INFO  2011-08-05 09:06:26,106 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - index dir: D:\\Tomcat 7.0\roller_data\search-index

Should I see more?

I am invoking a search by going to my weblog and entering my search term in the search box
provided and hitting the search button.

The URL is coming out to http://<IP>/roller/MyWeblog/search?q=Test

-----Original Message-----
From: David Johnson [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 10:22 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search not working

Did you enable logging? And if so, did you see your existing blog entries being index?

How specifically are you invoking a search?

What is the URL of the search results?

Thanks,
Dave

On Aug 5, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Balderaz, Noel wrote:

> I added the search.index.dir to my properties files and set it to Tomcat7.0/roller_data/search-index.
 After doing that I can see four files were created .index-inconsistent, _0.cfs, segments.gen
and segment_2.  I tried searching again and no results were returned.

 The folder is under my tomcat directory so I have the following directory structure \Tomcat7.0\${user.home}\roller_data\
 under roller_data I have a mediafiles directory but no search-index directory.

couple of entries I noticed that the search function is not working.  Previously, I setup
Roller 4 and search only worked on one of two weblogs .  Can anybody tell me what I can do
to make the search work on Roller 5.0?

>> Search works fine in Roller 5.0, as far as I can tell. I guess it is
>> possible that Roller 5 won't work with a Roller 4 created search index
>> (but I'm not sure about that).
>>
>> I'd recommend that you:
>>
>> 1 - stop Roller
>> 2 - enable logging for search by adding the following to your Roller
>> custom properties file:
>>
>>   log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search=DEBUG
>>
>> 3 - delete the search index directory,
>> 4 - restart Roller and watch the logs, you should see the entries of
>> your blog being re-indexed
>>

>>>  The only things I see in the logs is  this error
>>> Aug 4, 2011 2:18:49 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies processCookieHeader
>>> INFO: Cookies: Invalid cookie. Value not a token or quoted value
>>
>> That is almost certainly NOT related to any search failure.
>>
>> Hope that helps...
>>
>> - Dave
>>

>>> That's in the tomcat7-stderr.2011-08-04.log
>>>
>>>  *   What version of Roller are you using? 5.0 If you are building from sources,
on which branch are you building? I'm not building from source.