roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak, slow performance in Roller 5 on Tomcat 7
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:15:46 GMT
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Dean Schulze <dean_w_schulze@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed the pre-packaged roller-5.0.0-tomcat.war on a new Tomcat 7.0.16 on Windows
XP and created 2 users and 2 blogs.  I let Roller 5 run overnight and memory usage went from
237 MB to 262 MB.

> Is there a good reason for Roller to need 10% more memory when it has been inactive,
or is this a memory leak?

I'm not aware of a memory leak, but it is certainly possible that
something in Roller or some component of Roller has a leak.

> Roller 5 is also frustratingly slow even when returning to previously rendered pages.
> First access is very slow, but I can understand that. Is there something I can do
> through configuration to improve performance?

Roller works fine for me and page loads are adequately speedy. Can you
be more specific about a) the environment under which you are running
Roller (hardware, Java VM settings) and b) page load times.

- Dave