roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 301 Redirection on Roller
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:35:14 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Marcos Soler <msolerm@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am about to rehost my roller weblog and did some research about the 301
> redirection, just to be sure I do not lost the achieved google positions.

What did you find? There may have been some discussions on this topic
when blogs.sun.com went from 1.0 to Roller 2.0, which completely
changed the directory structure.

> But the doubt I have is...where do I exactly need to place it? On the
> "Weblog" template through the insite editor?

I don't believe you can do a 301 redirect from a Roller template,
unless you have added a custom object somehow, one that has access to
the Servlet response object. That's one approach, I guess.

Another approach would be to add a Servlet Filter to Roller, intercept
incoming requests, calculate the new URL and redirect from there. That
would work for all blogs, regardless of the templates that they use.

- Dave