roller-user mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Memory leak, slow performance in Roller 5 on Tomcat 7
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:41:36 GMT
I installed the pre-packaged roller-5.0.0-tomcat.war on a new Tomcat 7.0.16 on Windows XP and
created 2 users and 2 blogs.  I let Roller 5 run overnight and memory usage went from 237
MB to 262 MB.

Is there a good reason for Roller to need 10% more memory when it has been inactive, or is
this a memory leak?

Roller 5 is also frustratingly slow even when returning to previously rendered pages.  First
access is very slow, but I can understand that.

Is there something I can do through configuration to improve performance?

Thanks.

Dean