roller-user mailing list archives

From Michael Müller <michael.muel...@mueller-bruehl.de>
Subject multilanguage blog / roller 5
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 21:01:24 GMT
Hello together,

I checked the multilanguage box and wrote some articles in different
langages.
All articles had been available in my blog. Next, I checked "publish in
blog language" and only those articles in the desired language would be
displayed supressing all others. I created a new blog in an other
langage. Non articles of my first blog are available, even though I
wrote some in the language of the new blog. By now, I don't understand
the intention of these multilingual boxes.

Why does it make sense to create articles in different langagues and
then hide all wich are not of the language I set up in my blog? How to
dislay the other languages?

What I like to do is to write articles in different languages and then
select (display) only articles of the language the user (not the owener
of the blog) has choosen. E.g. a user from the UK or US may get English
articles whilst a user of Germany gets German articles. Much better
would be to link articles together, saying this is the same content, but
a different language.

By now, I have the ability to realise this using word press (e.g.
http://blog.mueller-bruehl.de/en/programming/tutorial-web-development-with-jsf-v-scene-change/

which is part of my English/German JSF tutorial). Is ther any way to
realise such a behavior with roller as is? Or do I have to modify the code?

Best,

Michael