roller-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: More issues with 5.0 RC4
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:35:04 GMT
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com>
> wrote:
> > On Apr 26, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Dave wrote:
> link, I don't get any errors in my log, but it results in a 404. Any ideas?
> >
> >> That probably means that you don't have a tag index page in your side,
> >> or something the page you do have became "unmarked" as a tags index
> >> page. If that's the case, it would be very nice to know why that
> >> happened so we can fix it before release.
> >
> > Is this a servlet that should be in web.xml?
>
> No. In a custom theme, there are four types of template actions that
> you can create (weblog, permalink, search, tagsIndex and custom). For
> the "/blog/tags/tag" form of URL, then you need one template that is
> the tagIndex template.
>
> Unfortunately, Roller does not display the name of a template's action
> anywhere so it is hard to tell which templates are which actions.
> Please check the "webpage" table and see if you have a template with
> action of "tagsIndex."

So I'm guessing this is a change b/w 4 and 5? In 4, I think clicking on tags
just showed the user the regular weblog template with filtered entries. My
theme does not have a tagIndex, but I'm guessing I can add a new XML entry
that points to Weblog.vm.

... waits 5 minutes and tries it ...

Yep, that worked.

Thanks!