roller-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Evans" <pe...@ixp.jp>
Subject Re: rc5 versus windows live writer
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 07:26:21 GMT
I just realized, I tested Live Writer with AtomPub and not MetaWeblog, so please
try AtomPub instead and I'll try LW with MetaWeblog and see if I can reproduce
those errors.

    Not actually sure how to do that. There's no "use atompub" switch that I can
find.

    I can't disable blogger / metaweblog API because WLW blows up with

    "Can't connect to your blog service:
    problem with the blog server - server error 0 occurred
    weblog does not exist or XML-RPC disabled in web.
    Please try fixing the problem and then try again"

    There doesn't appear to be a difference in the capabilities according to WLW
whether
    or not I have "Enable Atom Publishing Protocol" on or not.

    If I turn off "weblog client api" for that blog, then it will ask me for a
    http://<atom-service-doc>
    If I feed in http://mysite/roller/roller-services/app
    it tells me I have two blogs,  one and / mediafiles (I selected the first
one)
    attempting to publish an image causes WLW to throw a wobbly saying it can't
do that.

    did I do something wrong?

WindowsLiveWriter,1.5864,Fail,00086,06-Apr-2011
16:16:12.770,"WindowsLive.Writer.Extensibility.BlogClient.BlogClientFileUploadNotSupportedException:

File Upload Not Supported - File uploading is not supported by this blog. Please
configure file uploading for this blog before attempting to publish posts with
attached pictures or files.
   at
WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomMediaUploader.PostNewImage(String
path, Boolean allowWriteStreamBuffering, String& srcUrl, String& editMediaUri,
String& editEntryUri)
   at
WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomMediaUploader.DoBeforePublishUploadWork(IFileUploadContext

uploadContext)