roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rc4 errors with frontpage theme
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 01:47:58 GMT
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Peter Evans <peter@ixp.jp> wrote:
> (usual glassfish 3.1 etc)
>
> 1 - top page blog, CUrrent theme is "Frontpage" and shared,
> 2 - try to change it to a custom theme. based on frontpage so I could edit
> it.
> 3 - tried creating a new one and doing that, no go.
>
> Unexpected Exception
> Status Code 500
> Message
> Type
> Exception Roller has encountered and logged an unexpected exception.
>
> Now, if it did, it didn't log it anywhere I could find it.

I can reproduce this one, so I should be able to debug it.

> There is also my favourite annoying thing:
>
> WARNING|glassfish3.1|org.apache.catalina.connector.Request|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|
> PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context
> /roller, because request parameters have already been read, or
> ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called

Personally, I think that's a Glassfish bug, the very first thing
Roller does is set the encoding and does so before reading any
parameters or calling getReader(). Anyhow...

I just committed a fix that should eliminate or at least reduce that
WARN message.

- Dave