roller-user mailing list archives

From Edd Grant <...@eddgrant.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying Roller on a plesk page
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:05:33 GMT

Hi Marcos,

The Roller install guide [1] states the following:

#
Directory in which search index is to be created
# (delete this
directory to force Roller to recreate the entire search
search.index.dir=${user.home}/roller_data/search-index

So if you
are able to create a directory which is readable and writable by the
roller user (tomcat?) then update your roller-config.properties file to
reflect this path you might find that particular exception is
resolved.

Hope that helps,

Edd

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:49:16 +0100,
Marcos Soler wrote:
> Hi Edd,
>
> Well, yes that is what I think it is
but as my hosting leaves little
> or no control beyond this panel (no
ssh contro whatsoever) i have very
> limited chances and have to ask
them to do all the changes i realise i
> need.
>
> Seems that i cant
neither create the missing directory and they dont
> allow me to create
it in the defaul path. Do you know where i can
> specify in roller
config another path where they allow me to create
> the directory?

Thanks

> El 28/02/2011, a las 14:41, Edd Grant escribió:
>
>> Hi
Marcos,

>> Afraid I've never used plesk - I must say I thought it was
purely a control panel typically used in virtually hosted environments.
Do you have ssh/ shell access to the underlying OS? If so you should
just be able to create and then chmod the appropriate directory. Is
roller running as the 'tomcat' user? If so it might be as simple as
creating the missing search directory.

Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:36:58 +0100, Marcos Soler wrote:
>>> Hi Edd,

Thanks for your reply. At this moment
>>> It seems those errors dont
allow roller to be recognisable as
>>> correctly depoyed by
plesk/tomcat. Normally I can pass with the mail
>>> error but the other
two are new to me and seem fatal.
>>> Maybe addressing the last one...do
you, or anyone have any experience
>>> deploying roller on a shared
environment like plesk?

escribió:

> [...]
snippets you provided I can see the

The smtp server hostname you have specified:
not recognised as a valid hostname.
being sought

(/usr/share/tomcat5/psa-webapps/applicationroller/applicationroller/themes/themesbackup/theme.xml)

doesn't seem to exist on the filesystem.
directory
doesn't appear
running as, this is

immediately clear on whether these
usable or not but it might be a good
see see if you get an error free
might give you a better idea of what's

that helps,

+0100,
more
capable of

something similar.

INFO 2011-02-28 12:07:28,137
SUCCESS: Got
JDBC_PROPERTIES

DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
12:07:28,140
username: dpd
DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using

[hidden]

DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
class
12:07:28,243
provider, continuing
server

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.StartupException:
ERROR

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.(MailProvider.java:99)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1173)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:369)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
---

smtp-smtp.gmail.com;

java.net.UnknownHostException:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1704)

at

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:525)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:291)

javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:172)

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.getTransport(MailProvider.java:126)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.MailProvider.(MailProvider.java:96)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:179)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1173)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:369)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

java.net.UnknownHostException: smtp-smtp.gmail.com

java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:520)

java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)

com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:284)

at
com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:227)

at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1672)

... 28 more
WebloggerFactory:bootstrap -
business tier
WebloggerFactory:bootstrap - Weblogger

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.GuiceWebloggerProvider

INFO
SUCCESS: Got

JDBC_PROPERTIES
DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
12:07:28,543
username: uss
DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using

[hidden]

DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
class
12:07:28,551

commons
search enabled: true
IndexManagerImpl: - index dir:

/usr/share/tomcat5/roller_data/search-index

12:07:28,847 ReferrerQueueManagerImpl: -
Queue
ReferrerQueueManagerImpl: -
= false
Instantiating
12:07:28,853 WebloggerFactory:bootstrap - Roller Weblogger

business tier successfully bootstrapped
12:07:28,853
2011-02-28
Revision:
WebloggerImpl:initialize - Initializing Roller

business tier

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

Site]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized
[Front

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

[A default install of
server]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized
value

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to [false]

12:07:29,751

- Found uninitialized

value to []

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized
[]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to [false]
12:07:29,752

- Found uninitialized

value to [false]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized
value to

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to [false]

12:07:29,753

- Found uninitialized

user.account.activation.mail.from ... setting value to []

INFO 2011-02-28 12:07:29,753

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to []

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

INFO 2011-02-28

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to [30]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to [true]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to [true]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to [false]
12:07:29,755

- Found uninitialized

setting value to [true]
12:07:29,756

- Found uninitialized

... setting value to [true]

12:07:29,756

- Found uninitialized

setting value to [true]
12:07:29,756

- Found uninitialized

setting value to []

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to [false]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to [false]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

setting value to
12:07:29,758

- Found uninitialized

setting value to [false]
12:07:29,758

- Found uninitialized

value to [true]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found

uninitialized
[]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

to [exe]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

to [1.00]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

to [4.00]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

[/themes]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

value to [true]

JPAPropertiesManagerImpl:initializeMissingProps - Found
uninitialized

[]
ThemeManagerImpl:loadAllThemesFromDisk -

theme themesbackup

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeInitializationException:

Unable to parse theme descriptor for theme

/usr/share/tomcat5/psa-webapps/applicationroller/applicationroller//themes/themesbackup

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.SharedThemeFromDir.loadThemeFromDisk(SharedThemeFromDir.java:200)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.SharedThemeFromDir.(SharedThemeFromDir.java:81)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManagerImpl.loadAllThemesFromDisk(ThemeManagerImpl.java:323)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManagerImpl.initialize(ThemeManagerImpl.java:101)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerImpl.initialize(WebloggerImpl.java:302)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:159)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1173)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:369)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
---

/usr/share/tomcat5/psa-webapps/applicationroller/applicationroller/themes/themesbackup/theme.xml

(No such file or directory)
java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native
java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:106)

java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:66)

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.SharedThemeFromDir.loadThemeFromDisk(SharedThemeFromDir.java:197)

> [...]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
12:07:29,782

from disk.
ThreadManagerImpl:initialize - Initializing

ScheduledEntriesTask

ThreadManagerImpl:initialize - Initializing
ResetHitCountsTask

ThreadManagerImpl:initialize -
TurnoverReferersTask

ThreadManagerImpl:initialize - Initializing
PingQueueTask

IndexManagerImpl:initialize -

file or directory
IndexManagerImpl:getFSDirectory - Problem

directory

/usr/share/tomcat5/roller_data/search-index

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.create(FSDirectory.java:138)

at

at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:102)

at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:83)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search.IndexManagerImpl.getFSDirectory(IndexManagerImpl.java:295)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.search.IndexManagerImpl.initialize(IndexManagerImpl.java:164)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerImpl.initialize(WebloggerImpl.java:304)

at

org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:159)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1173)

at

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:369)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)

at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

12:07:29,861 StandardContext:listenerStart - Exception