roller-user mailing list archives

From Nelson Chamberlain <nchamberl...@ceradyne.com>
Subject RE: Just Lost All My Graphics
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:18:56 GMT
Thank you so much!  This is a huge help and a great relief to have found my graphics files.
I actually found them in the home folder of several different users, apparently once each
time a different admin logged on the server.

If you don't mind answering another newbie question, where can I find the uploads.dir setting?
I'd like to set it to my home folder since I expect to be the Roller admin for the forseeable
future.

Thanks again for your help

Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:snoopdave@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:21 AM
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Just Lost All My Graphics

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Nelson Chamberlain <nchamberlain@ceradyne.com> wrote:
> Wow!  I just lost all of the graphics in my Roller 4.0.1 blog site. We have about 15
blogs on our site and all of them suddenly have zero graphics. When I go to File Uploads in
any of the blogs, the images are gone, as well as any directories that held additional graphics.

> Any guesses what happened? Any easy actions, like rebuild indexes, that will bring the
graphics back? Or do I have to add the images back one by one?

Roller 4 uses only the file-system for upload storage and does not store any information in
the database. So, if the files are gone in Roller then either 1) Roller has the wrong directory
set as the uploads directory or 2) somebody deleted the files from disk.

If you explain more about your Roller setup maybe we can figure out what went wrong. What
app server are you using? What directory were you using to store file uploads? If you did
not set the 'uploads.dir'
propoerty, then Roller will use the default value below:

    uploads.dir=${user.home}/roller_data/uploads

That means that the files are stored in the home directory of the user who runs the Roller
process. Perhaps somebody deleted that directory?

- Dave