roller-user mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Which web CMS to use with Alfresco?
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 05:42:58 GMT

Have you been able to figure out how to create a new web site with Jahia 6.5 beta?

I've been playing with it and It's very sophisticated looking, but also very unintuitive.
I haven't been able to figure out how to create a simple web site with it.

All of their docs, videos, and webinars assume that you want to modify their demo application.
They don't say anything about how to create a new web site with it.

Thanks.

--- On Fri, 1/28/11, Ries van Twisk <ries@vantwisk.nl> wrote:

From: Ries van Twisk <ries@vantwisk.nl>
Subject: Re: Which web CMS to use with Alfresco?
To: user@roller.apache.org
Date: Friday, January 28, 2011, 2:59 PM

Dean,

I am currently evaluating 3 CMS systems for a company in the US,
the choices where
 - OneHippo
 - Magnolia
 - Jahia

>From the above 3 I am really liking Jahia 3.5Beta which pretty much rocks
the bottoms out of any PHP based CMS (even TYPO3) and is quite
feature rich AND easy for a java based CMS, no JCR node editing and stuff,
point and click based templating. Support for portlets, multi-language,
multi-site and some very nice other features.

Here is the link : http://beta65.jahia.org/

The good thing, it's GPLv2 for teh community edition.

Ries

On Jan 28, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Dean Schulze wrote:

> I'm creating a web site that will have a blog and other content.  This will be my personal
web site and I anticipate adding a family area with a calendar and some document sharing as
well.  Roller looks like a good choice for the blog, but it doesn't look like a full web
CMS.  What I want sounds like an Alfresco personal version, but that doesn't exist.