roller-user mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: roller won't start on Tomcat 7
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:46:05 GMT

That solved the problem.

The documentation says that mail.jar and activation.jar are optional and only needed if you
are going to be using mail from Roller.  The docs need to be fixed on this point.

--- On Sun, 1/9/11, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

From: Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com>
Subject: Re: roller won't start on Tomcat 7
To: "user@roller.apache.org" <user@roller.apache.org>
Cc: "user@roller.apache.org" <user@roller.apache.org>
Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 9:07 PM

I would try including mail.jar and activation.jar and see if it works.

On Jan 9, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Dean Schulze <dean_w_schulze@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The only thing in the .log file is this about not having the mail .jar:
>
> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator
>

> I don't see why this would cause the Postgresql JDBC driver to be unloaded, though.
>
> The documentation says that using mail is optional so I didn't include the mail and activation
.jar files.

but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak,
the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
>> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
>> SEVERE: The web application [/roller] appears to have started a thread named [Store
userCache Spool Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory
leak.
>> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
>> SEVERE: The web application [/roller] appears to have started a thread named [Store
userCache Expiry Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory
leak.