roller-user mailing list archives

From Dean Schulze <dean_w_schu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: roller won't start on Tomcat 7
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 03:38:25 GMT

The only thing in the .log file is this about not having the mail .jar:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator

I don't see why this would cause the Postgresql JDBC driver to be unloaded, though.

The documentation says that using mail is optional so I didn't include the mail and activation
.jar files.

--- On Sun, 1/9/11, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

From: Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com>
Subject: Re: roller won't start on Tomcat 7
To: user@roller.apache.org
Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 1:13 PM

I would look in $CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost*.log and see if there's any additional information
in there.

On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Dean Schulze wrote:

> Roller 4.0.1 won't start on Tomcat 7 with Postgresql 8.4.  Here's the error:
>
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:51 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
> INFO: Deploying web application directory roller
> Roller Weblogger: Successfully loaded custom properties file from classpath
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
> SEVERE: Context [/roller] startup failed due to previous errors
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
> SEVERE: The web application [/roller] registered the JBDC driver [org.postgresql.Driver]
but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak,
the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
> SEVERE: The web application [/roller] appears to have started a thread named [Store userCache
Spool Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
> Jan 9, 2011 1:04:53 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
> SEVERE: The web application [/roller] appears to have started a thread named [Store userCache
Expiry Thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.