roller-user mailing list archives

From Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net>
Subject Roller 4.0 and JBoss 5.1 GA
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 00:48:53 GMT
OK, i've tried finding a successful recipe for running Roller on JBoss via Google for the last
few days, with no luck. I had a 4.0 instance running successfully on apache, but am moving
to Jboss to meet the requirement of another app I want to run.

Anyone have pointers on how to get Roller 4.0 running on JBoss 5.1 GA?

I copied the roller directory from the webapps dir on my tomcat instance, and put the jbdc
& mail jars in the jboss endorsed lib. Initially I was getting error in the jboss log
about not being able to read the web.xml file, but google pointed me to the JBoss docs that
I needed to rename the exploded roller directory to roller.war in the JBoss deploy directory.
Now I'm getting an exception that the war directory can't be recognized, triggered by an exception
that is zip file related. I thought this might be missing classes/jar files, and tried turning
on classloader logging to check this, with no luck.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

-Eric