roller-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dodunski" <ChrisFromSquir...@christopher.net.nz>
Subject Re: yet another install problem <-- ERROR: unable to obtain database connection. Likely problem: bad connection parameters or database unavailable.
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:25:34 GMT
Hi Pavlin,

Generally speaking, placing dependencies willy nilly in tomcat/lib is not
a good idea.  These libraries are shared by other Tomcat applications, and
by globally introducing/updating a library you run the risk of upsetting
other Tomcat applications.  It also makes upgrading Tomcat more involved.

The recommended course is to place dependencies inside the application's
WEB-INF/lib directory.  Then package it into a WAR, and deploy.
Personally, I have placed roller-custom.properties outside both Tomcat and
Roller, creating a symbolic link inside tomcat/lib.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris Dodunski.