roller-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dodunski" <ChrisFromSquir...@christopher.net.nz>
Subject Re: Roller 5.0 - multiple domain URLs
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 02:56:28 GMT
Hi Tiago & Dave,

Thank you for your responses.

Tiago, I run Apache version 2.2.9.  According to the company that hosts my
VPS (rimuhosting.com), my Apache/Tomcat configuration is already set up to
comprehensively support reverse proxying.  Apparently, the manual steps
described in the document you provided shouldn't be necessary in my case.

Viewing the page source for http://blog.christopher.net.nz reveals the
following URLs:

**CSS**
/roller/roller-ui/yui/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css
/roller/roller-ui/yui/base/base-min.css
http://blog.christopher.net.nz/christopher/page/style.css

**Three page links**
blog]

The URLs that contain the domain name appear to be correctly formed -
http://blog.christopher.net.nz rather than http://www.optomus.com:8080.
So the "weblog.absoluteurl.christopher=http://blog.christopher.net.nz"
directive appears to be working fine.

So my questions are:

1) Why do I need to be messing with URL rewriting, when Roller appears to
be doing this already by way of the above directive?

2) If the CSS and page link URLs are incorrectly formed (seems they lead
nowhere), then what exactly is wrong with them?

I guess I need to have a clearer understanding of the problem if I'm to
find the solution.

Kind regards,

Chris Dodunski.