roller-user mailing list archives

From ALAA MURAD <alaamu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Good bye Roller
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:58:32 GMT
I have been talking about this for years , tomcat in nonsense for web
hosting , I used to be WHP and the configuration for tomcat and the overhead
is a killer . VPS route is NOT pretty either , I tired it once to get
OpenCMS working at 256 mb ram the tomcat freezed my VPS , I had to pump it
up to 512mb  for 30 USD/mo !!! you will find 2$ php hosting anywhere.

PHP just works ...

This is why I left roller and moved to WP. Java is died in the client-side
and it's dieing in the server as well ,because they like to tag everything
with Enterprise. And I say Enterprise your time and move to WP(if you even
can say that in English. lol)

Even now the linode.com, 512 is at 20$ and way expensive for average user (
remember avg. salary in China is 150 USD $ )

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Ries van Twisk <ries@vantwisk.nl> wrote:

> You could always get a cheap VPS at linode.com,
> that's what I am using right now for my Java (SOLR) and other
> needs.
>
> Ries
> Quito / Ecuador
>

>      Ries van Twisk
>     Certified TYPO3 Integrator / TYPO3 Developer
> TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS WebORB PostgreSQL
> DB-Architect
> email: ries@vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/    skype:
> callto://r.vantwisk
> Phone: +1 (803) 426-3350
>
> On Sep 26, 2010, at 12:36 PM, ├Žon wrote:
>
> This is just for say good bye.
>
> My web host provider is firing me, is not gonna give Tomcat Java
> hosting anymore (...it never worked good at all).
>
> Here in Chile, where I am from, Tomcat Java hosting is almost
> nonexistent and if there's one, is unjustifiably expensive, a
> completely robbery.
>

> So well, as you should know, now days Wordpress is everywhere.
> Everything is Wordpress. Therefor I'm going to have to use ... well
> yeah ... Wordpress.
>
> Thanks to Roller developers and thanks to everyone who help with every
> doubt.
>
> Bye bye !
>
> :D
>
> Enrique Fuenzalida.
> http://www.individual.cl/
>

> P.S.: Please don't answer this, is shaming.

Alaa Murad
E-Service Development Department
Bank ALJazira
Website: http://www.alaamurad.com