roller-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hixson <mhix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking clean, attractive Roller 4.0 theme
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:32:59 GMT
Has anyone written a tool that could transmogrify a Wordpress theme into a Roller theme?  Seems
like something worthwhile.
  -M@

On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Nelson Chamberlain wrote:

> I am curious if there consensus on what makes a good theme. Is it strictly the attractiveness
of the theme? Or how clean and uncluttered the page templates are that implement the theme?
Maintainability or modifiability?

> My own opinion is I could live with something that is less attractive if the theme is
easy to modify and maintain (easy to find the style statements that control an element's appearance).
I can add as much prettiness as I want, but only if I can find where the controls are.

> What do the rest of you think makes a clean and attractive theme?
>
> Nelson

addressed that problem to some extent, but now it is gone. On the bright side, Velocity is
fairly easy to learn and its not that hard to "port" themes from Wordpress and other places.