roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing default template
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 02:21:52 GMT
Hi David,

Sorry about the delayed response.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:00 PM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> How would I know which template is the custom site-wide theme for the
> purposes of editing it via temporarily turning on theme editing and editing it.

When you choose a blog theme for your blog you can choose to use
shared version of the theme, in which case the templates for the theme
are stored on disk in the 'themes' directory (by default, this is in
your WAR n the 'themes' directory unless some other location is set in
roller-custom.properties. Theme templates are in subdirectories under
that themes directory.

> Same question from a DB perspective -- in what table is the theme stored in
> (assuming some THEME table) and how would I identify the row(s) being used
> as the site-wide theme?

>From the DB perspective? Each weblog has a record in the 'website'
table and when a weblog uses a shared theme, then you'll find the
theme's name in the 'editortheme' field of the weblog's record.

If you are using a custom theme, then your theme templates can be
found in the 'webpage' table, Each template has a record in that table
and the foreign key 'websiteid' establishes each template's link back
to its containing weblog.

> And finally, is this any easier in the trunk code?  If not I might be
> motivated to hack something up.

The template code in trunk is mostly the same as the code in 4.0.
Trunk might be a little easier because it has a Maven build script and
mvn jetty:run-war will start up Jetty, Derby and Roller ready for
testing.

Hope that helps...

- Dave