roller-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Editing default template
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:28:58 GMT

On Mar 24, 2010, at 2:52 PM, Dave wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:46 PM, David Blevins
> <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>> It's for the blogs.apache.org install, which is customized.
>>
>> Gavin and I can't seem to figure out how to edit these.  I have
>> some changes
>> I'd like to make, as well I'd like to get them into the infra svn.  I
>> checked in some ASF branded templates I found under roller/themes/
>> but it
>> turns out they aren't used.
>
> Hmm... right. Why not allow theme editing, at least temporarily and
> apply your changes?

I tried that and it didn't seem to work, but I don't know if I was
editing the right set of templates.

> Hey, by the way, I created a new and improved version of the theme you
> guys created for the ASF blogs, and a matching front-page theme. I
> sent them to Gaven months ago but I still don't see them on the site.
> Is that what you are working on?

No, was working on getting twitter/facebook share links on the blog
posts as well as potentially getting the "Hot Blogs" right nav item on
all the blog pages rather than just the front page -- to help spread
traffic around.   I'd also like to get the templates backed up into
svn so people can more easily see and patch them.  It's fine if they
live in the database, I can write a little script to load/unload them
so they can be easily backed up aside from DB dumps.

Happy to apply your style changes as well.

Pop onto #asfinfra if you have a few moments and I'll see if I can get
us all squared away.

-David