roller-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: OOM Error after upgrading to Tomcat 6.0.24 and Java 6
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:41:49 GMT
On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Matt Raible <matt@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
>> I recently upgraded http://raibledesigns.com to run on Tomcat 6.0.24
>> and Java 6 (1.6.0_07). While my site seems to hum along just fine,
>> when I approve/delete comments, the following error occurs in my logs:
>>
>> Feb 16, 2010 7:34:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
>> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
>> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
>>        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)
>
> That's odd. And a bummer.
>
> Does that happen immediately or after the site is up for some long
> period of time? Does the out-of-memory error happen in other places
> too?

Unlike my previous versions, this OOM doesn't seem to affect the site.
Basically, it continues to operate, but when I try to modify things,
it can throw these. I generally don't worry about it since my changes
get saved anyway.

> I've been running on Tomcat 5 and JDK 6 for some time now, but I
> cannot remember if I upgraded before or after switching from Roller
> 4.0 to Roller 5.0-dev.

I'll try switching back to Java 5 and see if the problem keeps happening.

Matt