roller-user mailing list archives

From Steve <elrond532...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOM Error after upgrading to Tomcat 6.0.24 and Java 6
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:40:40 GMT
Have you tried to back out Java 6.  i.e. make one change at a time.

I reported an issue on here, nobody has replied, where when I installed Java
6, with Tomcat 5.5, my roller system dies after 3 days.  It actually does
not give out of memory, but did seem some how to consume 2 Gig of memory on
the server despite the stack size being set at 256Meg.  My VPS was then
restarted by the hosting company.

What appeared to me be happening was that roller planet was creating
threads, which were blocked by long running threads which I presume were
looking at other websites.  So over the course of a couple of days I ended
up with thousands of blocked threads.

I do not have the details and stack trace now, though they are in this news
group.

Alas I gave up with Roller, my need for Java 6 outweighed the roller
requirement.  I might visit Roller again with version 5 when that is
released.

--
Steve