roller-user mailing list archives

From Rajasekhar C <raj022...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to Configuration LDAP with Apache Roller 4.0 ?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 03:31:47 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I have setup the apache roller. Then created a user with the credentials
"superuser/superuser" at this point of time I am able to create the blog as
superuser.

Then configured the roller with Apache DS as follows (highlighted properties
are modified as per the guide in wiki ):

<bean id="authenticationManager"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
        <property name="providers">
            <list>
                 *<!--  I think this allowed me to use the db user/password
to login-->*
                <ref local="daoAuthenticationProvider"/>  * <!-- Once
commented the line, unable to login the same -->*
                <!-- Uncomment this for LDAP/SSO configuration -->
                *<ref local="ldapAuthProvider"/>*
                <!-- Uncomment this for CAS/SSO configuration <ref
local="casAuthenticationProvider"/> -->
                <ref
local="anonymousAuthenticationProvider"/>
                <!-- rememberMeAuthenticationProvider added programmatically
-->
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>

<!-- BEGIN: Sample LDAP/RollerDB hybrid security configuration -->
    <bean id="initialDirContextFactory"
class="org.acegisecurity.ldap.DefaultInitialDirContextFactory">
*       <!-- Did i miss anything here ? Is my configuration correct -->*
        *<constructor-arg value="ldap://localhost:10389/dc=example,dc=com"/>

       <property name="managerDn" value="uid=admin,ou=system"/>
       <property name="managerPassword" value="secret"/>*
    </bean>

    <bean id="ldapUserSearch"
class="org.acegisecurity.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch">
        <constructor-arg index="0" value=""/>
        <constructor-arg index="1" value="uid={0}"/>
        <constructor-arg index="2" ref="initialDirContextFactory"/>
        <property name="searchSubtree" value="true"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="ldapAuthProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider">
        <constructor-arg>
            <bean
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.authenticator.BindAuthenticator">
                <constructor-arg ref="initialDirContextFactory"/>
                <property name="userSearch" ref="ldapUserSearch"/>
            </bean>
        </constructor-arg>
        <constructor-arg ref="jdbcAuthoritiesPopulator"/>
        <property name="userCache" ref="userCache"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="jdbcAuthoritiesPopulator"
class="org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.security.AuthoritiesPopulator">
        <property name="defaultRole" value="register"/>
    </bean>

   I am using Apache DS 1.5.3.

I have tried to use the JNDI, it worked without any problem:

        Properties prop = new Properties();
        // Apache DS
        prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
        prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
"ldap://localhost:10389/dc=example,dc=com");
        prop.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
        prop.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");

        DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(prop);
        System.out.println("Bind successful.");
        Attributes attributes = ctx.getAttributes("uid=admin,ou=People");

        System.out.println("@ userPassword == " +
attributes.get("userPassword").get().toString());

Please throw some light if i am missing any configuration in the
security.xml file.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.