roller-user mailing list archives

From ALAA MURAD <alaamu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: revisiting vanity urls
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 03:43:07 GMT
I'm not sure why so upset about it [?] , but sure look at "4. Configuring
Virtual Hosts"
http://oreilly.com/java/archive/tomcat-tips.html

As I said I never tried it with roller (I'm using wp nowadays but thinking
about Rolller, maybe in the future) , also the context is MUST and I think
it's totally bad idea to put the context file in the users' counts (if you
care about security !). for virtual host it's better to put it in the
server.xml file.

Having to run a Tomcat for every account is totally unreasonable and if
can't do it or Roller doesn't support multiple domains I don't see what is
the point for having such a heavy enterprise system, just go with WP !

Also if you live in planet Earth and you are a software engineer I advise
you to think-outside-the-box. W3C advice designers not use table for layout
and 90% of websites are using table .

They tell you not to have a Thread in tomcat, but I once wrote a card game
and ran my game is shared hosting and in the session ,  I looked outside the
box and tried it and it worked and I saved myself a lots of money of not
renting a server and I never had to bother with maintaining a server running
, tomcat reboot my game server is up as well [?]

Best of Luck ...