roller-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Blasnik <christopher.blas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Links always going to "localhost"
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:08:15 GMT
Hi Vishwajit,

I just faced the same problem. By default all links in Roller are
absolute, which is especially bad in a multi-blog environment where you
want to access the same resources from different domains.

In order to tackle the problem you will have to change:
- the theme you use (velocity) to use relative urls
- some of the Model methods OR add some model methods to use relative
urls (which are used in the velocity templates)
- the MediaFileImageChooser

However, places where you don't want relative urls are feeds, for instance.

If you only use one domain, this might be done via your web container's
configuration or apache.

regards,

- Chris

--
Christopher Blasnik
UCS - unique computing solutions gmbh

Madan, Vishwajit wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have installed Roller 4.0.1 under Tomcat 5.5 and MySQL 5 and created
> one sample web blog.
>
> The things are working fine but on the sample page displayed most of
> links like "comments" etc are pointing to "localhost".
>
> Due to this issue I am unable to access all features of blog from other
> machine (except hosting machine/localhost).
>

> Currently I am using "Brushed Metal" theme. Please help me in fixing the
> issue.
>

> Thanks in advance!!
>

> Regards,
>
> Vishwajit
>

> Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer
comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken
Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /
Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.