roller-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <levine_br...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: DB connection pooling
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:59:16 GMT

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just checked and the driver is only in common/lib

I also checked to see if the context.xml file was being picked up, but I don't see it anywhere.
 It's getting moved out of META_INF and from what I understand it gets renamed to "war's name.xml".
 I checked that file, but my stuff isn't in there.

I then grep'd the entire tomcat directory for values I put in context.xml, but didn't find
them.  Am I missing something?

> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:08:43 -0700
> Subject: Re: DB connection pooling
> From: hassan.schroeder@gmail.com
> To: user@roller.apache.org
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Brian Levine <levine_brian@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using tomcat 5.5 and mysql 5.x.
>
> >  [org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class
'' for connect URL 'null'

> MySQL driver jar file should be in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
> and ONLY there, not in your webapp's lib directory -- confirmed?
>
> > I removed the "docBase" and "path" attributes from the "Context" element because
I saw something in the tomcat docs that says leaving those in will mess up the deployment.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/