roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roller 5.0 Multi Domain Setup with or without mod_jk - Question
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:10:05 GMT
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Werner Gaulke <werner@gaulke.net> wrote:
> I recently checked out the current trunk 5.0 of Roller. Everything is
> working fine and now I am trying to setup roller with multiple blogs under
> multiple domains.

Nice.

> My configuration:
> - Roller running under localhost:8080 on jboss
> - configuration of domain in roller-custom.properties:
> weblog.absoluteurl.mysite=http://www.abc.com
>
> Now here comes the point where I am stuck and found no further
> documentation:
> - How to reach the blog with the new absolute url?

You'd have to load http://www.abc.com/<weblog-handle> to see your new blog.

Maybe you can fake Roller out by adding an entry to your /etc/hosts
file claiming that your localhost = www.abc.com?

> Localhost:8080/roller/mysite does not work anymore

Right. The multi-domain logic will only allow your weblog to be access
by two URLs. Once you have setup a blog for multi-domain you can no
longer access it by its normal URL.

> - I am using apache in front of jboss, is there a way to configure mod_jk
> for my created blog under the absolute domain or is there a matching proxy
> rewrite rule
> I know that this is a very uncommon setup, but at least Dave's Blog
> (photosys) is working somehow with multidomains.

I'm running Tomcat alone with no HTTPD in front, so this is something
I have not tested.

- Dave