roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: caching
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:39:53 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:17 AM,  <edd@eddgrant.com> wrote:
> I believe Roller uses the Velocity templating engine to generate page content, Velocity
templates are populated with data (stuff like entry content) from the Database. It is possible
to cache Velocity templates and this can lead to great performance inprovements since Velocity
no longer has to instantiate the required templates for each request it serves. This may be
what Dave was talking about in terms of Roller caching?

That's right. Roller caches the weblog pages and feeds that it
produces. Take a look at the cache configuration section in
roller.properties (4.0 install guide, section 11) and you can see that
there are four caches that you can configure:

   sitewide: for site-wide blog and feeds
   weblogpage: for ordinary weblog pages
   weblogfeed: for ordinary feed pages
   planet: for planet feeds