roller-user mailing list archives

From Anil Gangolli <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject Re: How to use Feeds using Apache Roller?
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:13:46 GMT

That question quickly gets out of the scope of this forum, which is
about only the Roller side of this.

Depending on how simple your output format, you may be able to get by
with just applying a stylesheet to the xml output. Google "applying a
stylesheet to rss xml" will give you some examples.

To get richer, you can pull the content from the feed URLs offered by
Roller, parse it and then display it in the way you want.  Some
references you might want to check out:

http://java-source.net/open-source/rss-rdf-tools has a number of tools
you might find useful.  Roller uses ROME internally.

http://blogapps.dev.java.net/ has some useful if perhaps dated examples

http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/feedparser/ is a sandbox sub-project
of Apache Jakarta Commons that you might want to look at.  I am not very
familiar with it myself.

I don't know what facilities Magnolia might provide for doing this sort
of thing.

--a.