roller-user mailing list archives

From Matej Lazar <matejon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: deploy to jboss 5.1 - You have not defined a non-jta-data-source
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:34:07 GMT
Finally working after disabling openjpa.QueryCompilationCache and
applying patch to xwork-2.0.4.jar.

Patch is required to prevent "Could not initialize class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFactory" while trying to
create new user.

to apply patch download sources from
http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/download.action

and patch from
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-649

problem described
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=141959&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

my configuration ...

roller-custom.properties:
installation.type=manual
database.configurationType=jdbc
database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb
database.jdbc.username=roller
database.jdbc.password=*****

#dibable cache to prevent
#<0.9.7-incubating nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: There were errors
initializing your configuration:
org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.ParseException: Instantiation of plugin
"QueryCompilationCache" with value "true" caused an error
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap". The alias or class name may have been
misspelled (as it closely matches the valid plugin alias "true"), or the
class may not be available in the class path.  Valid aliases for this
plugin are: [all, false, true]
#...
#Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap
openjpa.QueryCompilationCache=false

web.xml comment out resource-ref:
    <!-- jndi resources -->
    <!--
    <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/rollerdb</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

    <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>mail/Session</res-ref-name>
        <res-type>javax.mail.Session</res-type>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>
    -->

Thanks for help,
Matej.

Werner Gaulke wrote:
> Exception looks like a datasource configuration problem to me. Try defining
> a no-tx-datasource. Have a look in the jboss server documentation.
>

>> Unfortunately  no success :(
>>

>> roller.log empty, jboss console/log (see attachment)
>>

>> I think I'm closer with jdbc configuration than jndi.
>>

> --
> matej
>

> Werner Gaulke wrote:
>
>> No problem:
>>
>> Jboss-web.xml:
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?> <!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC
>>     "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.4//EN"
>>     "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_4_0.dtd">
>> <jboss-web>
>>     <security-domain>java:/jaas/roller-policy</security-domain>
>>    <context-root>roller</context-root>
>>     <resource-ref>
>>         <res-ref-name>jdbc/rollerdb</res-ref-name>
>>       <jndi-name>java:/jdbc/RollerDB</jndi-name>
>>     </resource-ref>
>>     <resource-ref>
>>         <res-ref-name>mail/Session</res-ref-name>
>>          <jndi-name>java:/mail/RollerMail</jndi-name>
>>     </resource-ref>
>> </jboss-web>
>>

>> Roller-ds.xml
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <!DOCTYPE datasources
>>     PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS JCA Config 1.5//EN"
>>     "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-ds_1_5.dtd">
>> <datasources>
>>    <local-tx-datasource>
>>       <jndi-name>jdbc/RollerDB</jndi-name>
>>       <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller</connection-url>
>>       <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
>>       <user-name>roller</user-name>
>>       <password>mysecretpass</password>
>>    </local-tx-datasource>
>> </datasources>
>>
>> Roller-custom.properties
>> weblog.absoluteurl.mysite=http://www.mysite.de
>>

>> web.xml -> didn't change anything.
>>

>> I do not know how far these settings apply to jboss 5.1
>>

>> Werner
>>

>>> I was also trying to manage with resource ref and ds, but with no
>>> success, can you please post me content of your files.
>>> roller-ds.xml
>>> jboss-web.xml
>>> web.xml