roller-user mailing list archives

From Anil Gangolli <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject Re: New Locale
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:53:05 GMT

Roller relies on the JVM support and the list comes from the method
Locale.getAvailableLocales()
These pages list the locales supported in Sun Java 1.5 and 1.6

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/locale.doc.html

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/intl/locale.doc.html

I do not know how to extend these.

For message bundle support, one might be able to get away with hacking
the code to just construct the desired Locale object with a fixed or
configured String value, but we also rely on it for some date
formatting, which I believe requires a supported Locale.

--a.