roller-user mailing list archives

From <...@eddgrant.com>
Subject Re: caching
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:17:24 GMT
I believe Roller uses the Velocity templating engine to generate page content, Velocity templates
are populated with data (stuff like entry content) from the Database. It is possible to cache
Velocity templates and this can lead to great performance inprovements since Velocity no longer
has to instantiate the required templates for each request it serves. This may be what Dave
was talking about in terms of Roller caching?

Cheers,

Edd