roller-user mailing list archives

From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any tips for importing php WP templates to roller?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:00:03 GMT
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Ashish Jain<ajainy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am fishing for new template for my own blog. (And upload to roller for
> others).
>
> I am faced with two ways to import it
> 1. Dig into php code embeded and replace with equivalent velocity code.

This is what I would do. PHP is not hard to understand, WP has nice
macros and some map to Roller macros. Use the Roller Template Guide as
a reference.

> 2. scrap that template as html and then convert into vm files.

I would copy then modify the WP template directly, but either approach
would work as long as you duplicate the HTML structure, CSS classes,
etc. and use the same CSS files as the WP templates.

> Option 1 has disadvantage for me, as i am not PHP developer (but how hard is
> php syntax to understand :))

I'm not a PHP developer either.

> Option 2 has disadvantage of , what if html doesn't cover all possible
> outputs. For example certain div is not rendered because if no elements in list.

Yes. Option #2 is more work and more error prone.

- Dave