roller-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave <snoopd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot start Roller for the first time
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 03:15:00 GMT
This sounds rather ominous.

> com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Error while locating instance
> bound to org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManager

I don't know how to explain that. Could you post more of your
roller.log file, or upload it somewhere so we can see the whole thing?

- Dave


On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:48 PM, tommyc7<tommyc7@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi again...  I'm still having problems.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> OS:  Mac OS X Version 10.5.7
> DB:  mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.77, for apple-darwin9.5.0 (i386) using
> readline 5.1
> Web: Tomcat 5.5.25
> Java: 1.5
> Roller: 4.0.1
>
> I am getting the following errors.  Any ideas?
>
> ERROR 2009-07-31 20:20:32,644 StandardContext:listenerStart - Exception
> sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Error while locating instance
>  bound to org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManager
>  for member at
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAWebloggerImpl.<init>(JPAWebloggerImpl.java:77)
>        at
> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:646)
>        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getParameters(InjectorImpl.java:666)
>        at
> com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:140)
>        at
> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$ImplicitBinding.get(InjectorImpl.java:1006)
>        at
> com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:37)...
>
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>        at
> com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:161)
>        at
> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$ImplicitBinding.get(InjectorImpl.java:1006)...
>
>
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
>        at
> com.google.inject.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:46)...
>
>
> ERROR 2009-07-31 20:20:32,714 StandardContext:listenerStop - Exception
> sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextDestroyed(RollerContext.java:215)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:3805)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4364)...
>
>
>
>
>
> tommyc7 wrote:
>>
>> This is my first attempt to use Roller and I am stuck at start-up.  The
>> log
>> below gets generated before I even open a browser.
>> The first exception has to do with a missing DB table.  I'm guessing I can
>> ignore that because the guide said it will create the tables later.  It's
>> the exceptions at the end of the log that I have no clue what to do with.
>>  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
>>
>> OS:  Mac OS X Version 10.5.7
>> DB:  mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.77, for apple-darwin9.5.0 (i386) using
>> readline 5.1
>> Web: Tomcat 5.5.25
>> Java: 1.5
>> Roller: 4.0.1
>>
>> Contents of log file:
>>
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,691 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
>> Got
>> parameters. Using configuration type JDBC_PROPERTIES
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,697 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,698 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC connection URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,698 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC username: root
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,698 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC password: [hidden]
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:33,701 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
>> loaded JDBC driver class [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver]
>> ERROR 2009-07-27 21:04:37,969 DatabaseInstaller:getDatabaseVersion -
>> Couldn't lookup current database version
>> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
>> 'rollerdb.roller_properties' doesn't exist
>>  at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1027)
>> at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:957)
>>  at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3376)
>> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3308)
>>  at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1837)
>> at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1961)
>>  at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2537)
>> at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2466)
>>  at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1383)
>> at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.DatabaseInstaller.getDatabaseVersion(DatabaseInstaller.java:1169)
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.DatabaseInstaller.isUpgradeRequired(DatabaseInstaller.java:99)
>> at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.WebloggerStartup.prepare(WebloggerStartup.java:191)
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:138)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:920)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:883)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>> ERROR 2009-07-27 21:04:37,979 DatabaseInstaller:errorMessage - ERROR
>> setting
>> database version
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,662 WebloggerFactory:bootstrap - Bootstrapping
>> Roller Weblogger business tier
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,663 WebloggerFactory:bootstrap - Weblogger
>> Provider = org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.GuiceWebloggerProvider
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,665 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
>> Got
>> parameters. Using configuration type JDBC_PROPERTIES
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,666 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,667 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC connection URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,667 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC username: root
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,668 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - -- Using
>> JDBC password: [hidden]
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,668 DatabaseProvider:successMessage - SUCCESS:
>> loaded JDBC driver class [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver]
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:38,713 JPAPersistenceStrategy:<init> - openjpa.Log:
>> DefaultLevel=WARN, Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=INFO
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:39,079 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - search enabled:
>> true
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:39,080 IndexManagerImpl:<init> - index dir:
>> search-index
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:39,091 ReferrerQueueManagerImpl:<init> -
>> Instantiating Referrer Queue Manager
>> INFO  2009-07-27 21:04:39,092 ReferrerQueueManagerImpl:<init> -
>> Asynchronous
>> referrer processing = false
>> ERROR 2009-07-27 21:04:39,119 StandardContext:listenerStart - Exception
>> sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
>> com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Error while locating instance
>>   bound to org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManager
>>   for member at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAWebloggerImpl.<init>(JPAWebloggerImpl.java:77)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:646)
>>  at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getParameters(InjectorImpl.java:666)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:140)
>>  at
>> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$ImplicitBinding.get(InjectorImpl.java:1006)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:37)
>>  at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:756)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:35)
>>  at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:53)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41)
>>  at
>> com.google.inject.BindingBuilderImpl$FactoryProxy.get(BindingBuilderImpl.java:299)
>> at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$9$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:708)
>>  at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:747)
>> at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$9.get(InjectorImpl.java:702)
>>  at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:728)
>> at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.GuiceWebloggerProvider.bootstrap(GuiceWebloggerProvider.java:87)
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerFactory.bootstrap(WebloggerFactory.java:134)
>> at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerFactory.bootstrap(WebloggerFactory.java:99)
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextInitialized(RollerContext.java:156)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:920)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:883)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:161)
>>  at
>> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$ImplicitBinding.get(InjectorImpl.java:1006)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:37)
>>  at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:756)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:35)
>>  at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:53)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41)
>>  at
>> com.google.inject.BindingBuilderImpl$FactoryProxy.get(BindingBuilderImpl.java:299)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:640)
>>  ... 41 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
>> at
>> com.google.inject.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:46)
>>  at
>> com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:142)
>> ... 49 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't access theme dir [themes]
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.themes.ThemeManagerImpl.<init>(ThemeManagerImpl.java:88)
>> ... 55 more
>> ERROR 2009-07-27 21:04:39,190 StandardContext:listenerStop - Exception
>> sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>  at
>> org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.RollerContext.contextDestroyed(RollerContext.java:215)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:3805)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4364)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4246)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:920)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:883)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
>>  at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>>
>> Contents of TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes/roller-custom.properties:
>>
>>
>> # Pluggable backend
>> #guice.backend.module=org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.PlanetModule
>>
>> database.configurationType=jdbc
>>
>> database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollerdb
>> database.jdbc.username=root
>> database.jdbc.password=[hidden]
>> mail.configurationType=properties
>> mail.hostname=mail.kattare.com
>> mail.username=tommyc7
>> mail.password=[hidden]
>>
>> #database.jdbc.driverClass=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
>> #database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:derby://localhost:3219/roller
>> #database.jdbc.username=app
>> #database.jdbc.password=app
>>
>> hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect
>>
>> themes.dir=themes
>>
>> # we don't want to start with any folders/bookmarks for testing
>> newuser.blogroll=
>>
>> # we don't want to start with any weblog categories for testing
>> newuser.categories=
>>
>> search.index.dir=search-index
>>
>>
>>
>> #database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> #database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/rollertest
>> #database.jdbc.username=scott
>> #database.jdbc.password=tiger
>> #hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
>> #openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=mysql(SupportsSubselect=false,
>> SearchStringEscape=\\\\)
>>
>> openjpa.Log=DefaultLevel=WARN, Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=INFO
>> #openjpa.Log=DefaultLevel=WARN, Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=TRACE
>>
>>
>> # override tasks.enabled so we can add a test task
>> tasks.enabled=ScheduledEntriesTask,ResetHitCountsTask,TurnoverReferersTask,PingQueueTask,TestTask
>>
>> # test task
>> tasks.TestTask.class=org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.TestTask
>> tasks.TestTask.startTime=immediate
>> tasks.TestTask.interval=1800
>> tasks.TestTask.leaseTime=300
>>
>>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Cannot-start-Roller-for-the-first-time-tp24691305s12275p24764995.html
> Sent from the Roller - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
View raw message