roller-user mailing list archives

From Henning Brune <henning.br...@uni-bielefeld.de>
Subject Re: User autentication
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 16:59:14 GMT
Hello,

we did an integration with CAS and some custom programming. I made a
description of this in an older post on this list. Here it is:

------------------
Hello,

we made an integration of JRoller with our existing user management.
We filled the two tables David mentioned from our user management
which was not to difficult because jroller and our system live side by
side in the same oracle database. Now when we create a new user in our
system a similar account is created in jroller.

Then we made an integration with CAS. Seems to work though we did not
go into production yet.

Here are some further details on our implementation:

* in our user management it is possible to delete a username completly
and then to assign it again to a new user. In JRoller it seems this is
not intended. As far as I understand it you should only inactivate a
user. So we had to find a way to deal with this (we rename the roller
users).

* we don't care about changes a user makes to his profile through the
jroller interface.

* because we are using CAS authentication we don't propagate passwords
to jroller.

-Henning

--
Dipl.-Inform. Henning Brune