roller-user mailing list archives

From Brian Levine <levine_br...@hotmail.com>
Subject logging in velocity
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 22:26:58 GMT

Hey all,

I've been writing some new PageModels (new classes that extend PageModel) with methods that
are invoked from velocity templates.  I've added log statements in the java code, but I don't
see the output in roller.log.  I know it's being invoked because the page gets rendered.
I also turned on logging for the class by adding a line in roller-custom.properties.  And
when the init method of the PageModel is invoked by the PageServlet, I do get log output from
that -- so I know I'm logging the right class.

I also tried turning on logging for velocity like this:
log4j.category.org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.velocity=DEBUG

but I still don't see any output in the roller.log file.

Am I looking in the right place?  Do I have to do anything else to get this to work?

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks!
/Brian