roller-user mailing list archives

From Henning Brune <henning.br...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Roller + CAS + MetaWeblog API
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:53:43 GMT
Hello Dave,

thank you for your help.

> I believe the Sun (blogs.sun.com) folks made a change so that the
> password stored in Roller is known as the "weblog client password" --
> which is not a bad idea. After all, do you really want folks passing
> their real CAS password around via XML-RPC? But they never contributed
> this back to Roller.

does this mean you would suggest not to use MetaWeblog/XML-RPC at all?
But what else can I offer our users now?

Our blog server already enforces SSL for the protected areas so it is
possible to make the MetaWeblog/XML-RPC communication secure. The only
thing I would have to fix are the non-SSL links offered by the
autodiscovery rsd file.

-Henning